Monday, September 21, 2015

FNSI and More Quilting

I did actually get to sew this Friday, and the Friday before (the weeks are just flying anymore), but the week before was boring, just some machine quilting in the ditch.




Fat Quarter Shop is having an EPP Sewalong on Instagram, and I just couldn't miss out on that.  However,  I ordered my pieces and template and it hadn't arrived yet so I did the unthinkable...I cut my own pieces out, made them smaller, and sewed them together.  Since I did that and wasn't quite sure how it would turn out, I used scraps of fabric I had left from a dresden plate project I did a few years ago. Because it was going well and I was having fun, I stayed up until 4 a.m. working on it.  I couldn't sleep anyway, so I figured I would put my time not spent sleeping to good use.  Now to get it appliqued and quilted.


This is the quilt that I quilted in the ditch...which made it really puffy, and I mean super puffy.  I would like to try quilting some kind of background design in the white triangles and then something in the strips between the blocks.  I normally wouldn't do things this way, but the quilt is a practice quilt, so why not.


Last, but not least, I made a few wool ornaments from kits from Rosebud's Cottage.  I always try to pick up a couple at the state fair, and this year was no exception.  My impatiens in the background grew like wild flowers this year and their days are numbered.  Fall is finally here, and we are enjoying the cooler days.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

1 comment:

Wendyb said...

Love your EPP and especially the fussy cutting ...the fabric is perfect! Great idea with the practice quilting- why not? And the felt kits.... Beautiful with your impatiens xxx