Saturday, March 15, 2014

Happy Worldwide Quilting Day!!!

Even though today is a "special" day, I think everyday is quilting day, or should be, even if it is for just a short period of time.  I got up early this morning so I could get a few minutes of uninterrupted quilting in before our very busy day starts.



After showing this poor little guy in his horrible state a while back and so many of you encouraging me to finish him, I decided today was the day.  Our snow is melting at a record pace and spring is just around the corner.  I cannot believe what a little embroidery, some scraps of wool and a button can do.  You can still see that he is "wonky" but I love him.  I know I will smile every year when I take him out again to celebrate the snow!  :)


 If you follow Sherri at A Quilting Life you know she has been designing patterns using 2-1/2 inch squares.  This one is called Simply Small Mini Quilt.  I had a few left over charms from a Simply Style charm pack and this was a fun way to use them.  I am still hoping to find a day for some machine quiting, but that hasn't happened yet.  Maybe that day will come soon as my son's basketball season has nearly come to an end, and he will not be playing soccer this spring (at least I don't think he will).  I hope you enjoy your Worldwide Quilting Day and that you find even just a few minutes to make something creative!  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

4 comments:

ipatchandquilt said...

I am glad you finished the snow man. He is super cute!!!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

StitchinByTheLake said...

Kristen I think your snowman is darling but I especially love your mini quilt - I love the miniatures! blessings, marlene

Anonymous said...

I love your little snowman, the wonkiness makes him extra charming!

ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Lovely snowman and so is your mini.