Sunday, November 4, 2012

Eddystone Light

There are times when I become very curious about the names of some of the blocks.  Of course tonight was one of those nights.  In my research I found a very famous lighthouse named Eddystone Lighthouse on a treacherous rock formation 14 miles out to sea southwest of the United Kingdom.  I find this so interesting, and although I have no proof if this is the reason for the name of the block, I think it is fun to guess that it is.


This is number 308 of 366 and it is a 9-inch block.  We turn our clocks back tonight which is exciting for me as I get that hour of sleep back I have been missing ever since we sprang forward. :)  Odd how all of a sudden we are "falling back" and trying to schedule the holidays with family which will be here before we know it.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen


1 comment:

Katherine said...

Oh how I hate the start of daylight saving here too. But with the hot summers it is beneficial. I have enjoyed catching up on your blocks and it wont be long and you will have stitched the final one and can start making some gorgeous quilts with them.