Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Queen Victoria's Crown

It seems every time there is a block with half-square triangles going around the outside of the block I somehow seem to get one of them messed up.  Even though I get a little bothered by messing it up I always have to giggle when my husband looks at it and has a perplexed look on his face like he cannot figure out why a block would look like that.


Can you see the problem in the upper left hand corner?  Yes, that whole top triangle row is turned in the wrong direction...I see it now and I do understand the look on his face. Why I didn't see it when I was working on it I will never know.  He told me just to leave it, but I can't.  When I start putting these blocks into quilts I do not want to have to start taking them apart.  I want them ready to go and I've worked so hard already to not be able to start piecing quilts right away.


Here it is corrected.  I feel so much better about it now.  It is number 291 of 366 and it is a 13-1/8 inch block.  I cannot believe I started this five hours ago...good thing I got to the sewing room early tonight.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful block, it is amazing how long one block takes. Just curious, are you keeping track of how long all of the blocks are taking? That is one of the questions I most often get is "how long did this take you to make"? Thanks for sharing.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous block, I love to read your stories too. Funny how it can take a while to spot the mistakes.