Saturday, March 3, 2012

Teapot

I don't know if you've noticed the names of the blocks for the last couple of days, but there is a theme going on here...Broken Dishes, Cups and Saucers, and now today...


it's the teapot.  This was a fun block once I figured out how to get the handle to lay down right.  I took an applique class this past fall and boy am I glad I did.  I kept hearing the teacher say "when appliqueing a curve, do the inside curve first."  What I learned this morning when working on the handle is this....the iron is your friend!  I bet you can't guess what tomorrow's pattern will be.  :)  This block measures 11 x 6 inches and is number 64 of 366.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love your tea pot! And in future I'll do inside curves first - thanks for the tip:)

Wendy said...

This is such a cute block, it looks a tricky one to sew!