Sunday, February 12, 2012

Rail Fence and Some Hexies

I spent a large part of the day in my sewing room...cleaning.  It is never a fun thing to have to clean it out, but it always feels good to have an organized space to be creative.


Today is a 12-inch Rail Fence.  I think this would be a fun block to use for a quilt too...you could line up the stripes different ways and make some interesting designs.  I actually think it would take longer to figure out your block placement then it would to piece the blocks.  It is number 43 of 366.


Here are hexies 111 through 116...I can see that 140 flower mark getting closer and closer.  I worked on them in the car yesterday as I didn't get anything ready for binding.  I will have pictures tomorrow of how I put them together, which really seems to speed up the process (at least for me).

I almost forgot my stash report for this week, which isn't much, but should definitely be improved next week.  I am linking with Judy at Patchwork Times...

Used this week:  0 yards
Used year to date:  2.5 yards
Added to this week:  2
Added to year to date: 22 yards
Net used for 2012:  -19.5

It is the beginning of another week...and a holiday week at that.  :)  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

1 comment:

Wendy said...

More lovely progress to see! I'm looking forward to seeing you hexie flower technique.