Monday, January 16, 2012

Nelson's Victory

I have a feeling there is a story behind the name of today's block, Nelson's Victory, and I should probably Google it.  :)


I just loved these fabrics in yesterday's block, so I thought I'd use them again.  This block is 8 inches and is number 16 of 366.


It is always fun to see how changing the fabrics can change how the block looks.

Tonight I attended a class to learn how to use my sewing machine.  WOW did I learn a lot.  It was amazing to learn how to use all those different stitches and the different things they can be used for.  Things that sometimes are so difficult can be done so easily if you have the right tools and know how to use them.  I've had a few sewing machines, and I've never learned as much as I have in this class.  I'm excited for the next one...and you know what was really fun about it?  I met some of the nicest women tonight.  I hope I get to spend more time with them at classes in the future!

I'm linking tonight with Judy for Design Wall Monday.  If you want some inspiration, go and see what everyone has been working on.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also love how these prints work together. They remind me of summer for some reason.