Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cotton Reels

Block 7/366 for today is Cotton Reels.  It is an 8-inch block.




It kind of speaks for itself.  :)


I thought it might be a good idea to start my Full House quilt today...I really am glad I did.  There was a little more cutting to it then I thought.  I'm using my stash for this quilt rather than buying new fabric, so I am having to be a little creative with it.  All 36 house/door parts are pieced, and hopefully tomorrow I will see some finished houses.



I also pieced this block for the Just Takes 2 quilt.  I'm hoping to get the embroidery added to the white blocks soon.

It was a productive and fun day today.  My son took time away from his pinewood derby car and ventured into the sewing room to do a little pressing for me.  I can never tell him no when it comes to helping.  It always makes for some interesting conversations and time well spent together.  I hope you are enjoying your weekend and are able to get in some sewing time for yourself.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying watching your blocks evolve. The other projects are looking interesting too.