Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WiP Wednesday

I finished it...and 2-1/2 hours before I needed to!  Yeah!  I started this embroidery on Sunday, though truth be told I traced it almost 5 years ago.  How sad is that?  I don't know what kept me from starting it, but once I started I couldn't put it down.  Yesterday afternoon I took a trip to my neighborhood quilt store and purchased the surrounding fabrics.  I'm so happy with the way it turned out, and it is the perfect day for it as the leaves are slowing dropping from our crabapple tree. 




We spent the afternoon relaxing in the backyard.  The sun is warm, but not too hot and there is a cool breeze to remind us that the warm days of summer are quickly coming to an end.  As I was finishing this pillow this morning I completely destroyed my sewing room...SO, I'm off to do a quick clean up and out to the backyard to do some fabric cutting for a new quilt.  I purchased some Christmas fabrics earlier today so I can start this.  Instead of using 16 fat eighths I'm using fat quarters.  Hopefully I'll have something to show soon.  I'm also hoping to get some Farmer's wife blocks cut.


I'm linking today with Lee.  Make sure you vote for the fabric she designed and entered in the Connecting Threads design contest.  She definitely has a winner in my opinion!  Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stitching!--Kristen

1 comment:

Allison said...

I *love* your pumpkin stitchery. I've seen it at my LQS, and even though I haven't done any hand embroidery, it looks like such a fun pattern.