Monday, August 8, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I had so much fun last week looking at the blocks from my BOMs that I just had to see how my Vignette hexagons looked together.  I've been looking at these piles for so long I wanted to see how they would work.


They look so different when you lay them out.  It was also helpful to see what fabrics I've maybe used enough and which ones I definitely need more of.  A person sure can tell which fabrics are my favorites so far.


After looking at the Vignette hexies, I had to get out my grandmother's flower garden quilt and see how I liked those.  It has been quite a few months since they've seen the light of day, and I'm still loving these fabrics.


When starting this quilt 11 years ago I had no instructions and thought I wanted to outline each flower with an ivory pathway.  After working with the ivory, I then thought it might be nice to have a medium purple in between the ivory.  I hand basted all of the hexagons for this quilt and somewhere along the line I lost a bit of steam.  When I pick it up again glue basting is definitely the way to go.

 I'm going to be linking today with Design Wall Monday.  It is always so fun to see what everyone else is working on.  Thank you so much for stopping by!  Happy Stitching!  --Kristen





3 comments:

Sunny said...

Your Vignette hexagons are delightful! I love the colors.

Wendy said...

All your hexies are so beautiful, you have certainly got lots done. I love your grandmothers garden too.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

These are really beautiful!