Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's Wednesday again...already

The weeks they are a flying by and have they been exciting!  I've been stitching, stitching stitching. :)


I've really been working on these grandmother's flower garden blocks because....I joined a group for a new quilt made out of hexagons and I am so excited.  There is only one problem...I don't have the pattern yet, and I'm trying to find one quickly.  Hopefully it won't be too long until I do because it is a mystery quilt and the third part is coming out soon.  If anyone has any hints of where to find the first and second issues of Vignette magazine in the United States, please let me know.  I want to get started soon, but I also want to get all my blocks finished for this one.  I think I need about 10 more.  I will be posting a picture of all my blocks on Monday next week so you can see the progress I've made since February.  It is so exciting!

I also finished my two This and That block of the month blocks for March...and they each had 61 pieces in them...talk about time consuming...but as I was sewing them together this morning at 4 a.m., I was really enjoying them...they are challenging me and I like that.  I'm a person who needs to be challenged.  I'm so glad I started this quilt, and I'm keeping up each month so that is amazing in and of itself. 

I found a photography class to take.  Aren't we all thankful for that?  See you soon!

5 comments:

Mary Albrecht said...

Looking good, Kristen! Keep it up!

Debbie said...

I have been looking for the same magazine! I haven't had any luck. I finally placed an order from their website. I didn't want all their back issues to sell out before I could find it.

Your hexagons are looking great!

Debbie

Kristen King said...

Debbie, did you get a subscription or just the first two issues?

Kristen King said...

Thanks Mary! :)

Debbie said...

Hi Kristen,
I ordered the back issues and a subscription. I posted a note asking them to start my subscription after the first 2 issues. It's a pretty spendy magazine but I read about it on the Pam Kitty Morning blog and I've wanted it since she talked about it!